Are You Taking Advantage of Tax Reform?
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act – enacted in December 2017 – contained a number of provisions important to the multifamily rental property industry nationwide. Although the law became effective January 1, 2018, clarification has been needed (and continues to be needed) via administrative guidance or legislative action on a number of issues. AAM is offering members a special program to help you navigate this massive tax reform legislation so you understand the advantages available to you now. This program is FREE for AAM Members and is scheduled for Friday, September 21 at 10:00 am (see the “News & Events” section of this magazine for more detail or go to www.apartments.org to register). Three experts from Plante Moran, led by Jennifer Chambers, CPA, Partner, will cover the following topics:
- How to maximize your 20% Deduction in 2018 for pass-through entities: Qualified Business Income Deduction
- Understand the rules for business interest expense limitation and strategies to manage
- 100 percent Immediate Expensing for capitalized costs – how can cost segregation studies help?
- How Net Operating Loss treatment and excess business loss limitations will impact you going forward
- Defer capital gains through investing in Opportunity Zones
- How multifamily projects are impacted by Section 1031: Like Kind Exchanges
Help AAM-PAC Make A Difference In This Election!
With the Governor’s office, all 110 seats in the Michigan House of Representatives, all 38 seats in the Michigan Senate, and other key leadership posts up for election this year, it is imperative that business owners are involved in the political process.
One great way to have your voice heard is to support AAM-PAC. AAM-PAC is the Apartment Association’s political action committee, which utilizes contributions from members and aggregates them into one fund. This fund is used to financially support those elected officials who understand the important role of rental housing in Michigan’s economy. In short, we do the legwork for you to find the candidates who will best represent your business, and then support their campaign.
Remember, AAM-PAC contributions must be made via personal, partnership, LLP, or LLC check or credit cards. Please call me at 248-862-1004 to make your contribution today!